Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Stretching the Creativity

I was looking through the photos of the note cards I made and thought I need to share about what happened as I contemplated making these cards. Well, the customer had 9 different themes for the cards like flowery, cooking, ducks, teddy bears. Okay, my stamp collection is fairly large but I just did not have all the stamps I needed to make these cards. I had absolutely no cooking stamps, my duck stamps were limited to one little rubber duck and only had 2 bear stamps. Now, I am not about to go out and buy more stamps and blow all my profit for making these cards so I stewed on it for a day or two and finally my brain said, "CLIPART!" So, I found some clipart that I could either color in with my markers, chalks, pencils, etc. or enhance with coloring, shading or adding some sparkle from the stardust pens. I managed to get out a whole lot more variety using clipart. Of course, I was limited to what I have but now I know there's more clipart available. It's just a great option if you want to make a card with a certain something and have time running against you. So, if you try this out, let me know how it comes out for you.

No comments:

Matthew Sermon Series #1

Matthew Sermon Series #1
Faithbooking-Applying the Word to your Life