Sunday, March 13, 2011

Create a Critter inspiration

Thanks to my good friend, Michelle, I was introduced to the cartridge for the Cricuit called Create a Critter. She helped me put together a farm page with some cows. I was so thrilled because I told my cousin I would make her a scrapbook of her baby's first couple of months and his room is all done up in a farm theme.  I got lucky last week and found some farm paper to use through Oriental Trading but the Cricuit cartridge is gold! I created my daughter's birthday invites last week using the stripes cat. It was so cute.  I didn't make enough to keep one so I will have to go back and make one more to include in the scrapbook for her birthday. So, I wanted to try making another card with a critter so I came up with this book mark card.  I made it for a mom or mom-to-be specifically but it could be used for anyone.  I cut a slit in the middle of my card and put the paper on top and bottom of the slit so it doesn't show.  I ended up sizing the book mark at 4 inches long so it wouldn't come out the bottom of the card but not come over the top either. I ended up putting a band of card stock on the inside to keep the book mark bottom down as a kind of anchor so the top part doesn't want lean forward as much. For a first attempt creation, I am pretty happy with it. I created a Mother's Day card using one of the easiest ever techniques out there. Not sure what you call the technique. I think it might be the overstamp technique where you stamp one image and than do some stamping of image without re-inking. I also added the kissing technique and got some words lifted off the butterfly with that technique. That is a very cool technique but you need more filled in stamps.  That's not the term for that but you will see what I mean by looking at the card. I threw together a Father's Day card with the kite stamp and some paper I got recently at Scrap for Less. All in all a productive afternoon.  I hope to do more today but I will be going with a friend to a parenting seminar at my church.  I need some new tools to deal with my very spirited almost 8 year old daughter! :)

No comments:

Matthew Sermon Series #1

Matthew Sermon Series #1
Faithbooking-Applying the Word to your Life