Monday, April 19, 2010

Mother's Day Creations and More

My next Project Playground is coming up on May 2nd so I have been creating for upcoming events like Mother's Day. I pulled out my scrapbook called Card to Crop that has all the samples of past techniques that we have done at some of my events and got re-inspired!I love taking a card design and technique and re-working it with new colors and changing little things like the stamp set used. It's amazing to see how many different cards you can make with one concept! I made a couple of Mother's Day cards with the baby wipe stamping technique in two differnet color schemes with two different stamps and they came out fabulous. I also decided to try making a bigger sized card. I had envelopes for a 5.5"x 8.5" card so thought it was time to try a new size. I ended up using my new butterfly stamp set from TAC and used a couple easy techniques on this card. I don't think the picutures do it justice! I also decided to do a scrapbook card with this same size. I made two so far for the mom's in my life. I sent an email to all the siblings for my mother-in-law and asked them to send me a short sentence, phrase or word that answers the question, what makes Mom special? I don't think we hear enough what others really think of us so thought this would be a wonderful way for us all to share how we really feel instead of the made up stuff from card companies. Now, I just need to find a photo to go with it! I also made up a couple more 4"x4" accordion albums with the chipboard covers. I made one for my neice who has a birthday coming up so she can put photos of her friends in it. I also made one for Grandma to give her some recent photos of the kids. I shouldn't have any trouble finding photos for that one. These are really quick and easy and only took me about 30 minutes to put together. So, enjoy the photos and let me know if you are interested in coming to the Project Playground on May 2nd or if you would like me to make a kit or creation for you. Everything is possible, just ask!

No comments:

Matthew Sermon Series #1

Matthew Sermon Series #1
Faithbooking-Applying the Word to your Life