Saturday, February 12, 2011

Experimenting can be so much fun!

I have really enjoyed looking at the Savvy Projects Blog for TAC each day to see what the designer of the day has done. Lots of fun ideas. I also got some inspiration this week from the new Cardmaker magazine that I just started subscribing to. It was so awesome to see some familiar stamps and names from TAC in the magazine. The diagonal accordian card was interesting to make. Not always easy to make something without any dimensions to go by but just a photo but I like what I came up with. I think the middle part would be a great spot for a photo of maybe me and a friend together. I made up a couple for the Project Playground in April so some of my friends can try out this kind of card. I totally forgot about the downloadable from TAC so was very happy for the remind of those and created what I call the fold back card. Simple but elegant! This card will be wonderful for a birthday or wedding. My last recent experiment was inspired from the magazine. I really liked the idea of the kite. I am not happy with how the sky and clouds turned out but I have another idea or two that I will try out. Creating the kite was a challenge in itself. I had nothing on the Cricut nor in all my punches or die cuts to help me but finally found my large clear ruler with all kinds of diagonal lines on it and right smack in the middle was the kite shape I was looking for. Felt weird using a ruler and pencil to get the shape cut out that I wanted and then getting the patterned paper kite for the inside a little smaller. Wow that was challenging too but I somehow managed it. Going to work on that some more and see if there's an easier way? It's been fun experimenting this last week.

No comments:

Matthew Sermon Series #1

Matthew Sermon Series #1
Faithbooking-Applying the Word to your Life