Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Inspiration is So Exciting!

I went to the Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo this weekend. The first day I decided to pace myself and just look before buying. I took a beginners class for Copic markers. I did learn some things I did not know about that made a lot of sense and now I know how to use them to get the blending effect that looks so awesome. The class went through the lunch hour so I was so hungry but wanted to take something home and come back tomorrow. So, I bought a few stamps. LOL.  Okay, maybe not just a few but I tried. I got this floral stamp set with all kinds of realistic flower stamps and a word set with all kinds of scripture and good encouraging sayings. Because I bought enough stamps, I got to pick a grab bag of stamps for free. Well, when I got home and unloaded them. I was so pleasantly surprised by them all. I got two wild cat stamps, one with a tiger and another with a mountain lion. Because my daughter is so into wild cats, I was thrilled with these, especially so after taking the Copic marker class. I never would have purchased this kind of stamp before because I have avoided the whole coloring kind of stamps. I like to keep thing simple and easy but I pulled out my set of Copic markers I had bought a few months ago and new I had most of the colors I needed to do the tiger stamp and the mountion lion stamp. Oh My Gosh! I am so in love with Copic Markers! They came out fantastic!  I will have to post the photo of it later but just know that it is so much easier than you think! I can't wait to show you when you come to a future Project Playground.

No comments:

Matthew Sermon Series #1

Matthew Sermon Series #1
Faithbooking-Applying the Word to your Life