Friday, October 14, 2011

Birthday Card on the Fly...

I have been getting the reminder message on my computer about my Dad's birthday coming up on the 23rd for over a week and kept snoozing it but woke up this morning and thought yeah, I better get to it. So, I called on the Cricut Art Philosophy to help me make a simple and fast birthday card for a male. I used the Celebration stamp set that is one of the 3 sets that comes with your Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. I pulled out some coordinating paper from the Typeset Paper Pack, grabbed my Bamboo and Chocolate inks and got to cutting.



I made the mistake of cutting my green mat at 2.25" and knew it was too big when I pulled it out. Oh, duh, it should have been 1.75" to go with the 1.5" stamped image I was going to use. Okay, so sleeping last night on the chair wasn't the greatest thanks to my hubbie snoring up a storm. In any case, I thought to myself 'how can I make this work'. I used it and just trimmed off the edges. I used the words 'Fun, Love, Joy' from the Celebration stamp set and placed them all together randomly on a block to create my worded background. Stamped 'Best wishes to you' on the inside and all done in about 15 minutes. Yeah. Now it's time to get ready for work but I will be back playing with some new Close to My Heart stuff that came yesterday!

No comments:

Matthew Sermon Series #1

Matthew Sermon Series #1
Faithbooking-Applying the Word to your Life